straight A’s && strawberry cake =)
I’m just thankful for this beautiful, sunny day – Blake is mopping the floors and I am cleaning the bathrooms. I just got home from a nice, hour long walk with Dutchess and I combed out her thick, winter coat, too!
I have straight A’s in all my classes for this semester – I am thrilled! I worked so hard and overcame a lot this go round and I stuck with it and dammit, I’m proud of myself.
Human Growth & Development: 99.3; Sociology: 96.0; English Comp: 94.0; and Psychology: 97.6
SO – moving on, I think it’s time to start sharing some good summer recipes, what do you think? Since strawberries are coming into season and I have a sweet tooth today, I am going to share with you one of my very favorites. The best part is that it’s totally fat and calorie free! (at least that’s what I tell myself as I gobble half of it up in one sitting) =P
My Mamaw used to make this cake for me all the time – and I absolutely LOVE it.
Mamaw’s Fresh Strawberry Cake
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
- 1/2-3/4 cup crushed strawberry
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For Cake: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- Beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans. (i like to use a spray called “Baker’s Joy” – it works nicely)
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- For Strawberry Glaze: Mix together all ingredients until creamy
- Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.
Garnish it with some Fresh Strawberry Halves and Voila!
- Posted in: in all things...give thanks ♦ recipes ♦ Uncategorized
- Tagged: dutchess, grades, mamaw, recipes, school, strawberry cake, sunshine
Wow! You go with the grades girl! How do you do it? I have a 1 and 3 year old and I can hardly even take care of myself lol. And here you are with three kids and getting great grades in school. You’re my hero for that. Keep up the great work and best of luck with your studies (not like you need any) 😉
aww thank you so much! you are a doll – my kiddos are older than yours – i don’t think i could’ve held it together when mine were that young! i did well to get a shower in every day back then! haha… thanks again for your comment!
Thanks again for stopping by my blog 🙂
Yours is wonderful! Congrats on all A’s! And with a family!? Wow! Super Mom! Your kids are all beautiful! You are blessed!
lol someone is totally bragging about their grades! Granted, I would be too but you know that.
That cake looks SO good! I love strawberries! 🙂